During an Emergency
The advice for most emergencies is: Go
In, Stay In, Tune In.
Additional advice is:
- alert the emergency services by dialling 999 and follow their
- do not put yourself or others in danger
- check for injuries to yourself and others, always attend to
- be aware of any elderly or vulnerable neighbours who may need
- if advised to do so, be prepared to evacuate and follow
The emergency services may ask you to:
Some emergencies will require you to stay in your home and
others might mean you need to evacuate. Some simple steps will mean
you can be more prepared should an emergency occur and you are at
Remember to talk to your family or other people in your house
about your plans.